As concluded in this Tie-breaker vote thread, for our next event we will be playing the Convoy Spaghetti event as suggested by Lev!
NOTICE: THIS IS NOT CONVOY V2_2_1, THIS IS V2_1 -- MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE PROPER VERSION BEFORE THE EVENT
For this week we'll be playing some good ol' Convoy, you know, that one map that every team that loses the simplest of maps 0-27 is ready for? Yeah.
We'll be playing a tougher (and legendary) version of Convoy, since no server was able to ever win this version for the time it was up, due to the harder bossfight at the very end (mainly because it's got a lot more HP, which means you have to survive the laserbeams without getting hit once if you wanna have a chance at it), and because here at GFL CS:S we like to make things harder for ourselves, Lev has made this event a tiny tad bit harder for us, what'd he suggest? Read the Special Kickers section for more information.
Day and time of the event: Saturday - August 25th @ 10pm GMT-0
TIP: To figure out at which time the event is for you, check this website (which is in GMT time) and compare it to your own time!
Server IP: ze.gflclan.ru:27015
Click on the name of the map to download it:
TIP: To install the maps, open up the file or files you downloaded and extract the .bsp into your download/maps directory, which is generally located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps
You know you are in the right place if you see other .bsp files with the same name as other maps you have downloaded
Rewards: This event will be a blast.
- Winners of Stage 4 will be rewarded with a week of V.I.P.
- Winners of all four stages will be rewarded with two weeks of V.I.P.
As per Lev's request, the map will be played like so:
- Only weapon that can be rebought via zmarket binds are Fire Grenades, no other weapon can be rebought
- Bhop enabled for both teams
Duration of the event: About 3-4 hours should be enough
- Absolutely no griefing of any kind, offenders will be punished accordingly for the duration of the event at least (Punishments may be longer depending on the offense).
- Voice chat should be mostly relevant to the game, do not disrupt the leadership.
- Do not sit in the spectator team or you will be kicked. Only ACTIVE admins may spectate.
- General server rules apply which are found here
See you on Saturday!