As concluded in this Tie-breaker thread, for our next event we will be spending A Night in Middle-Earth as suggested by Uncle Ed!
This could've been Ridorana... ahem.
For this event, we'll be playing what seems like a shorter, much more casual version of a LOTR Combo, Uncle Ed has suggested certain maps (not all of them, like what the fricc bro where's Isengard????) for us to play.
You may think "but these are ez lol free vip xd" but that's not how it is, Uncle Ed has prepared some kickers that will put some of our skills to the test, although not impossible / incredibly hard, some of these maps have kickers that will sure enough be challenging for even a tryhard team.
More info below, as usual.
Maps we'll be playing, in this order:
Day and time of the event: Saturday - May 19th @ 9pm GMT-0
TIP: To figure out at which time the event is for you, check this website (which is in GMT time) and compare it to your own time!
Server IP: ze.gflclan.ru:27015
Click on the name of the maps to download them:
TIP: To install the maps, open up the file or files you downloaded and extract the .bsp into your download/maps directory, which is generally located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps
You know you are in the right place if you see other .bsp files with the same name as other maps you have downloaded
Rewards: Winning two maps will award you one week of V.I.P.
Winning all of them gives you 2 weeks!
(Winners of whatever mode in Mount Doom will be considered for the reward)
Special Kickers: As per Uncle Ed's request, maps will be played like so:
- Mines of Moria will be played ONLY with SMGs as main weapons, secondaries and nades allowed. (no rifles, no shotguns, etc.)
- Mount Doom will be played ONLY with shotguns (same rule as above)
- Helms Deep will be played ONLY with snipers and auto-snipers (no nades, no pistols)
- Minas will have Failnades on.
- Mount Doom has two stages, Destroy the Ring and Escape Mount Doom, due to the nature of the map (and how you fucks like to get ahead everyone else), whenever the stage is escape Escape Mount Doom, bhop will be disabled at the last hold to prevent cheeky solos and turned on once round ends.
A second round however can be played (if players wish so) with bhop on, to keep it as fair to everyone as possible.
Duration of the event: About 4-5 hours should be enough.
- Absolutely no griefing of any kind, offenders will be punished accordingly for the duration of the event at least (Punishments may be longer depending on the offense).
- Voice chat should be mostly relevant to the game, do not disrupt the leadership.
- Do not sit in the spectator team or you will be kicked. Only ACTIVE admins may spectate.
- General server rules apply which are found here
See you there!