As concluded in this tie-breaker vote, for our next event we will be playing the Cosmo Canyon Rage Marathon map combo as suggested by WarpedCakez! (Tier 1 admin btw)
- First map for this event? Cosmo
- Last map for this event? Cosmo
For this event we'll be going through most of the versions for Cosmo Canyon that have been released so far since the map came out, the purpose is mostly to show off the evolution of the map, from its first versions in 2015 all the way until 2017, when its last version got released.
Do you think your body can handle it all? (p.d. type !shake before event begins)
We'll be playing the maps in this order:
v1beta1, v1_1, v2_1, v4fix, v5test2 and v5fix
Day and time of the event: Saturday - January 6th @ 9pm GMT-0
TIP: EVENT IS ON SATURDAY, NOT FRIDAY
TIP: To figure out at which time the event is for you, check this website (which is in GMT time) and compare it to your own time!
Server IP: ze.gflclan.ru:27015
Click on the name of the maps to download them:
TIP: To install the maps, open up the file or files you downloaded and extract the .bsp into your download/maps directory, which is generally located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps
You know you are in the right place if you see other .bsp files with the same name as other maps you have downloaded
Rewards: Winning three maps will give you one week of V.I.P., winning all of them will give you 2 weeks of V.I.P.
Winning v1beta1 doesn't count towards rewards since it's a tad too easy.
Special Kickers: The following conditions must be met in the following maps:
- For v1beta1 we'll only play Extreme Mode (since Rage Mode was unfinished at this point)
- For v2_1 and v5test2 we'll play both Extreme and Rage Mode
- For all the other versions we'll play Rage Mode only
NOTE: Admins are perfectly aware of the possible exploits some of our beautiful players can do while playing on these older versions, if you're caught doing this exploit you'll be banned for the entire duration of the event, no warning (this is your warning), no kick, no slay, so play it fair!
Duration of the event: About 4-5 hours should be enough for us to wear out, if players wish to extend more then more time will be added to this limit
- Absolutely no griefing of any kind, offenders will be punished accordingly for the duration of the event at least (Punishments may be longer depending on the offense).
- Voice chat should be mostly relevant to the game, do not disrupt the leadership.
- Do not sit in the spectator team or you will be kicked. Only ACTIVE admins may spectate.
- General server rules apply which are found here
- DO NOTE, joining the event and sitting in spec only to get free V.I.P. won't work! Admins will keep an eye on players consistently to see who is participating and who isn't, those who don't participate at all won't be rewarded, so put your gaming pants on!
- Excessive doorhugging (people that aren't even getting triggers) caught by admins will be rewarded with the player in question being kicked out of the server, and upon further doorhugging a bigger punishment will be handed out.
See you on Saturday, good luck and have fun!