As concluded in this tie-breaker vote, for our next event we will be playing the "Colo(u)rs are for the WEEK!" map combo as suggested by george.
This is a set of maps that GFL is pretty familiar with, we've had an event on these (that for the record, lasted for nearly 7 hours) before, however, this was at a time (mainly Chroma) was unknown for most players. In today's world, we could possibly beat all maps up to Deadcore in less than 2:30 hours, and you will want to beat all the other three maps in less than that!
Read why below.
Day and time of the event: Saturday - December 2nd @ 4pm CDT / 9pm GMT
TIP: EVENT IS ON SATURDAY, NOT FRIDAY
TIP: To figure out at which time the event is for you, check this website (which is in GMT time) and compare it to your own time!
Server IP: ze.gflclan.ru:27015
Click on the name of the maps to download them:
TIP: To install the maps, open up the file or files you downloaded and extract the .bsp into your download/maps directory, which is generally located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps
You know you are in the right place if you see other .bsp files with the same name as other maps you have downloaded
Rewards: Which is what you all want:
- Winners of HSC get 5 days of VIP
- Winners of Chroma get 3 of VIP
- Winners of Gris (Stage 4, rtv1 or rtv2) get 2 days of VIP
What this means, is that no matter which stage you wins, you'll only win 2 days of VIP max for this map, even if you win all three stages
- Winners of Deadcore get a week of VIP
- Pistols will be disabled throughout the entire event, what this means is that you'll be limited to using your primaries only, maps with items (Chroma) will have them parented to a P90.
- For Deadcore we'll play Stage D only, but this one has a kicker to it:
- If we beat all three maps in less than 2:30 hours, we'll play Deadcore for 210 minutes
- If we beat all three maps in 2:45-3:00 hours, we'll play Deadcore for 180 minutes
- If we beat all three maps in more than 3:00 hours, we'll play Deadcore for 150 minutes
- In order for the win to be counted in Chroma, 5 or more CT's must win (to discourage first-round solo wins with heal)
- In ze_gris_fyk, rtv1 and rtv2 will be played twice each, the round must be won for it to be counted as a win.
Duration of the event: About 4-5 hours should be enough for us to wear out, if players wish to extend more then more time will be added to this limit
- Absolutely no griefing of any kind, offenders will be punished accordingly for the duration of the event at least (Punishments may be longer depending on the offense).
- Voice chat should be mostly relevant to the game, do not disrupt the leadership.
- Do not sit in the spectator team or you will be kicked. Only ACTIVE admins may spectate.
- General server rules apply which are found here
- DO NOTE, joining the event and sitting in spec only to get free V.I.P. won't work! Admins will keep an eye on players consistently to see who is participating and who isn't, those who don't participate at all won't be rewarded, so put your gaming pants on!
- Excessive doorhugging (people that aren't even getting triggers) caught by admins will be rewarded with the player in question being kicked out of the server, and upon further doorhugging a bigger punishment will be handed out.
See you on Saturday, good luck and... brr... have fun!